Palestine Update 232
A CALL TO SUPPORT THE NAKBA SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN AND COMMEMORATION FROM GLOBAL KAIROS FOR JUSTICE INITIATING THE KAIROS YEAR BEGINNING MAY 15, 2019 NAKBA DAY
In December 2018—inspired by the Kairos Palestine document and representing a broad spectrum of organizations, faith communities and other groups—people from around the world gathered in Bethlehem Palestine to further the Kairos call for an end to the State of Israel’s oppression of the Palestinian people and its occupation of Palestinian territories. With love as its logic, the call is grounded in nonviolent resistance to oppression and violations of human rights.
You are called to solidarity with Palestinians in their quest for ending the unjust and illegal occupation, and in securing their freedom and human rights. It is time to end the continuing nakba (catastrophe) of over seven decades. Global Kairos for Justice, the movement that grew out of that meeting, urgently asks you to join the signature and commemoration campaign leading to Nakba Day, May 15, 2019, which will start a year of solidarity actions and gatherings internationally.
A Kairos Moment is an urgent time when the situation demands the accomplishments of decisive and critical actions. Palestinians are asking us for costly solidarity. Nakba Day 2019 marks the beginning of a Kairos season. This Signature Campaign from Global Kairos is the start of that season, beginning NOW!
The Goals of The Signature Campaign are:
- To reach out to and gather signatures from the broadest array of groups, organizations, faith communities and individuals around the world who support a grass-roots, global call to Israel to end its occupation and oppression of the Palestinian people;
- To present this global call on May 15, 2019, to Israeli embassies and foreign ministries all over the world, accompanied by a variety of nonviolent activities as determined by participating groups within their respective contexts. The choice of how Nakba Day is commemorated with the petition is up to each person or group that signs on. We encourage creating a local or regional network solidarity action for May 15.
- To circulate the statement below to the widest number of groups and individuals, asking them to add their organizational and/or individual signature to the statement;
- Participating groups are asked to circulate the statement in their constituencies and networks through various mechanisms (email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), encouraging groups and individuals to add their signatures to the statement;
- The signatures will be gathered in one secure place online, making visible the broad global support for this appeal to pressure Israel to immediately end its occupation and to respect the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination in accordance with international law.
The link to the Signature Campaign petition is:
You will be asked for personal information, with the option to have your name public or private. We ask that if your organization or movement is signing on that you put the name of that organization in the Comments box found on the petition.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOUR SOLIDARITY AND YOUR CONTINUING ADVOCACY! LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING TO MARK NAKBA DAY WITH THE PETITION. If you have any questions about the petition, the Signature Campaign or have ideas you would like to share, please contact us through: email@example.com
لا تصاحبني يوماً .. لتهجرني شهراً ولا تقربني .. لتبعدني .. لا تقل ما لا تفعل كُن قريباً .. أو ابتعد.